Energize your career.
We believe an inclusive work environment is what will boost our employees’ success. An open mindset is what charges our innovation and creativity. We believe that there’s always one more thing to learn, one new thing to invent, and one more product to develop to make energy systems around the world greener and more efficient. Come join our team and get the opportunity to engineer the future!
About the job.
We are hiring a Power System Engineer to join our System Design team. Your scope of responsibilities covers all activities from definition to verified solutions for BESS systems. Focus will be on solution architecture for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) including batteries, power converters and inverters and other power generation (ex. PV, Gen sets etc.) and the grid connection.
You will be a part of designing scalable modularized generic BESS system solutions, possible to fit multiple regions, customers, sites, and applications. You will also define specific BESS solutions based on customer demand and business case, where there are needs for tailored solutions. As a Power System Engineer, you get the chance to cover both the requirements specification and Power elements to be used in the system solutions, as well as the technical documentation. You will also coordinate and drive Certification for the BESS systems, together with our certification engineer.
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Recurring tasks and Activities
- Pre-studies and concepts
- System level design specifications including architecture and interface descriptions
- Create requirements in our requirement data base based on the application, applicable standards, grid codes etc.
- Technical documentation; ex. SLD's, schematics, site layouts, technical descriptions, and manuals
- System test specifications for design validation, factory acceptance test and site acceptance test
- Hands-on building, testing and validation
- Certification plans and conformity files
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience from similar position
- Knowledge of grid connected equipment for power generation
- Experience in switch board designs and switchboard components
- Experience using application specific software systems
- Relevant higher education, probably BSc
We see that you are:
- Highly driven and pro-active
- Good communication skills
- English-speaking skills, both spoken and in writing
- Enjoy working in a fast-phased company environment
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open, friendly international environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Polarium’s future success. We also offer a competitive bonus system and a high wellness contribution.
We’ve enabled endless energy since 2015.
Our frontier tech in energy storage systems has reached all over the world and transformed the renewable energy industry. We’re one of Europe’s fastest growing companies with 700+ employees located in over 4 continents and counting. Our valuable diversity, creativity and top-class engineering is the code we use to unlock the most complex sustainability problems in energy.
Plug into Polarium.
In this recruitment Polarium is working together with Dinkel & Friends and tech recruiter Jessica Dinkel, email@example.com Please send in your application as soon as possible as interviews will be ongoing continually.